Here at Urban Outdoors, we’re a small but mighty team of writers, developers, and operations folks working to make the outdoors accessible to everyone. If that sounds like a mission that you’re excited about, and you’re interested in joining our team, scroll down to check out our available options.
We’re excited to hear from you!
Content Researchers & Writers (Freelance)
As a content-focused business, we are always looking for talented writers and researchers to join our team. Writers focus heavily on creating well-researched content about the destinations we cover. Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Experience and enthusiasm for the outdoors
- Passion for at least one of the following: hiking, paddling, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, biking, running, or camping
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of facts
- Understanding of writing informative, research-based articles
- Willingness to learn and adapt to Urban Outdoors’ style guidelines
- Interest in writing long-form guides of 1,500+ words
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UO WRITER APPLICATION – [YOUR NAME]” with a resume and 2 research-based writing samples attached. Include one paragraph in your email about your craziest outdoor misadventure (applications without this will not be considered).
Don’t see a fit here? We’re always open to hearing from smart, passionate candidates. If you want to work with us, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UO JOB PITCH – [YOUR NAME]” with a resume and a note explaining what you’d like to contribute to our company.