Here at Urban Outdoors, we’re a small but mighty team of writers, developers, and operations folks working to make the outdoors accessible to everyone. If that sounds like a mission that you’re excited about, and you’re interested in joining our team, scroll down to check out our available options.
We’re excited to hear from you!
Content Researchers & Writers (Freelance)
As a content-focused business, we are always looking for talented writers and researchers to join our team. Writers focus heavily on creating well-researched content about the destinations we cover. Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Experience and enthusiasm for the outdoors
- Passion for at least one of the following: hiking, paddling, skiing, snowboarding, climbing, biking, running, or camping
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy of facts
- Understanding of writing informative, research-based articles
- Willingness to learn and adapt to Urban Outdoors’ style guidelines
- Interest in writing long-form guides of 1,500+ words
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UO WRITER APPLICATION – [YOUR NAME]” with a resume and 2 research-based writing samples attached. Include one paragraph in your email about your craziest outdoor misadventure (applications without this will not be considered).
Strategy Intern (Full-Time Internship, Summer 2022)
Scaling a business requires a deep dive into data, analytics, and past performance to unearth opportunities and areas of improvement for Urban Outdoors. To do this, we’re hiring a full-time summer intern to examine our traffic and revenue data, determine our strengths and opportunities, and help our CEO formulate a growth strategy for 2022 and beyond.
This internship is geared toward current students or recent graduates who are seeking a career in business strategy or marketing. Our CEO, Kay Rodriguez, was a former management consultant (Bain & Company) and digital strategy manager (National Geographic) and will provide mentorship and guidance throughout the internship.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
- Current undergraduate student or recent graduate (Class of 2020 or later)
- Ridiculous enthusiasm for outdoor activities
- Completed coursework in Statistics, Economics, or Business
- Experience with basic data analysis and modeling in Excel (class projects count!)
- Experience with or interest in using data to provide business recommendations
- Very meticulous attention to detail
- “Roll up your sleeves,” problem-solving mindset and go-getter attitude
- Interest in entrepreneurship or a business strategy/marketing career
NOTE: We are only considering current undergraduate students or recent graduates (Class of 2020 or 2021) for this summer internship position. The internship will last for 12 weeks (dates flexible) and will be fully remote.
If this sounds like you, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UO STRATEGY INTERN APPLICATION – [YOUR NAME]” with a resume and a short note about why you’re interested in this role. Include one paragraph in your email about your craziest outdoor misadventure (applications without this will not be considered).
Don’t see a fit here? We’re always open to hearing from smart, passionate candidates. If you want to work with us, please send an email to [email protected] with the subject line “UO JOB PITCH – [YOUR NAME]” with a resume and a note explaining what you’d like to contribute to our company.